It feels like I just got to Ocean Pines and I'm already prepared to make the return trip to Sykesville. I'll post the lineups and check the comments once I'm home. The usual drill.
Before hitting the road, I wanted to point out the following:
* The Orioles are hitting on the road. They're batting .301 in this series, with seven home runs and 14 extra-base hits.
* The last time Cesar Izturis homered before last night, Brian Matusz was making his major league debut on Aug. 4 in Detroit.
* Today's starter, Jake Arrieta, has posted four quality starts in six outings.
* Rangers starter C.J. Wilson has given up 16 runs (15 earned) in 18 career innings against the Orioles.
* Jake Fox went 2-for-3 against Wilson earlier this season. Izturis is 2-for-4 with a double and RBI lifetime against him.
* Orioles scout Mark Ralston, who's based in southern California, watched Mark Prior throw on June 30. No word on whether the club has any interest in Prior, who hasn't pitched in the majors since 2006. One veteran scout reportedly claimed that Prior was "just all right."